Monday, June 1, 2015

Chapter 119 - When You Beathe


With a smile and a nod, Jon tells the girls, "Sure, what the hell."  What he wasn't prepared for was the location that they wanted the autograph. 


One of the young ladies, the one with the strawberry blonde hair and the perfectly placed teeth pulls down the collar of her t-shirt, and blushes.  "You have got to be kidding me."  he mumbles under his breath, obliging and taking the marker from the girl.  He scribbles his name on her chest and looks to the other.  She isn't as pretty as the first, but in her own way, she catches his eye.  "And where do you want it?" He winks at her, holding the marker in his right hand and the cap between is teeth.

The young girl holds out her hand and softly asks, "Could you autograph my wrist?"  Jon looks at her in a puzzled way, and after a moment, he takes her hand and writes his name across the her right wrist.  When he's done, he caps the pen.

"There."

"Thank you, Jon."  The reply, excited and on the verge of tears.  "We love you."


The ding of the elevator door startles the girls, but Jon was ready for it.  The quick ride felt like it took forever to him and he just wanted to get off the ride.  

The elevator doors slide open and what waits for Jon on the other side could not been a prettier sight for his eyes.  There stands his wife, her hair free and flowing, framing her face.  He make up lightly done, with a hint of blush on her cheeks.  The smile that he sees about knocks him off his feet.  To not seem too excited, he takes a step forward to exit the elevator and he stops.  Everything around him goes blank, he can see nothing but Monica standing there.  

"Hey." She says to him, as she soaks up the sight that she has missed since he left.  She can feel her heart race and her palms sweat, "Did I get you at a bad time?"


He smiles, shakes his head, "Never."  He walks into her, taking her face into his hands.  Gently, he kisses her lips, "What are you doing here?"


"I'm supposed to be here."  she whispers, looking over his shoulder at the two young girls holding the elevator door open.  


He wraps her in his arms, holding her tight, burying his head in her hair.  "You are just what I need, right now."


Monica laughs and asks, "If that's the case, who are they?"  Jon turns around and looks at the girls.  He smiles and pays them not one more second of attention.  


Jon takes Monica's hand and leads her down the hallway to his room.  Along the way, they pass David in the hallway.  They stop and say their hello's, David tells her that he's glad she finally showed up and leaves them to get back to where they were.  Lost in each other, and needing to be alone.


Jon welcomes her into his room, taking her jacket and bag.  "When did you get here?" he asks her, as he hangs up her leather jacket.  "Why didn't you let me know you were coming?"


"It was planned that I come here Jon."


"I know, but after the way that I left things, I'm surprised you're here.  Did you just get here?"


"No."  she walks over to him and takes his hand.  With a wink she admits, "I seen the show babe."


Instantly, their eyes lock and his heart sinks.  "You heard?"


She nods and smiles.  "I did."


"You heard the new song?" his lips land on her forehead.  He's not sure what he's feeling.  Maybe it's a little embarrassment, or maybe he's happy that she heard it for the first time that it was ever played.  "What did you think?"


She slides her hands around his waist, working her way up the back of his shirt.  She needed to feel his flesh.  She needed nothing between them.  "I loved it, Jon."


"Really?" he questions, knowing how private that she is.  "You're not mad that I put our business out there?"


"That's what makes you, you.  You pull from real life and make it relate to anyone."


"But it was our story."


"I know, and what you added to what I wrote you made the whole thing even more beautiful."  She rests her head on his chest, "You were able to complete my thoughts and put them into beautiful words."


"Thank you.  But it wouldn't be a tenth of what it is if it wasn't for your words."


"That was a hard time for me.  A hard time for both of us."


"I know."


"But, what you read, what you wrote the song with - well, there was a page missing." she looks up at him, "I only left you part of what I wrote."


"There was more?" he wraps her in his arm, guiding her to the bed where they sit down and talk.  "Do you want anything?  Are you thirsty?  Did you eat?"


"I'm good."


"Are you sure?"


She laughs at him for his doting, "Yes, I'm fine."


He turns and faces her, sitting crossed legged, he pulls her close.  "Tell me how you've been.  What have you been up to?"  He cannot keep his lips off of her, he can't help the fact that he wants to touch her, he needs to hold her.  "I have missed you more that you will ever know."


Monica takes this opportunity to try to set things right.  She had some things that she needs him to know.  "Can we talk?" she mouses, looking up at him.  "We need to talk."


"Let's talk." he replies, with a zealousness in his voice that makes her smile.  "What's on your mind, babe?"


"That letter that you found......"


"I loved it."


"Well, part of it was missing."


"Why?"


"It wasn't the right time."


"For what?" he asks, having no idea where the conversation was going.  "It wasn't the right time for me to read what you felt you needed to write to me?"


"Yeah, I poured my heart into that and after the mood had passed, I decided to keep some of it to myself."


He quizzically looks at her, cocking one eyebrow, "And you're ready to tell me now?"


She nods her head and then drops it, but she starts to tell him, "I don't believe that you slept with that nurse.  I don't believe anything that she ranted about on the radio."


"You don't?" he's shocked. 


She shakes her head no.  "I don't believe it, any of it - I was caught totally off guard by all of that, and it was a slap in the face."


"What do you mean?"


"I think that she is going to be the first in a million that are going to come out of the woodwork and create havoc in our lives.  Since Liz and Dorothea, we have been very lucky.  And when she crawled out of the woodwork, I wasn't ready for it."


"Neither of us were, Monica." With her hand in his, he pulls hers to his lips and kisses her fingers, one at a time.  "No one seen it coming and no one could have prepared for it."


"I know.  And the way that I handled it was exactly what everyone expected me to do.  From the crazy nurse, to the DJ and anyone that heard it."


"You acted like everyone else would act in that kind of madness."


"She was ruining a bigger plan, a plan that I had for us.  A plan that we had for us."


"Plan?" 


"My documentary, your new album and tour.  She totally threw things into madness and I handled it like a baby."


"I think you handled it the way that most people would."

Monica leans over and kisses him gently on the lips, "Mmm, but if I had taken a moment and thought about you and the way that you are, I would have known better."

"All that matters is that you're here and you believe me, now." he kisses her back, lingering, taking the stolen kisses that he can, "You're with me, right where you're supposed to be."


8 comments: